So who are the Trainers????? What the heck is a Master Trainer? Well Big D and The Chief started Fit Camps NZ in early 2010 with the aim of providing a unique blend of High Intensity workouts mixed with a bit of military style motivation to bring a unique style of outdoor training. With over 1500 workouts in their play books, they are the Master Trainers for Fit Camps. You will often find these two in the exercise kitchen brewing up a storm of workouts and program to get you the results you want. The Trainers of Fit Camps are all qualified personal trainers who have been handpicked by the The Chief and Big D to give you the best workout ever.
Master Trainer Big Dez. FC Site Mairangi Bay
Dez has been involved in training for over 6 years coming from a bodybuilding background. Big D knows all about hard work and dedication to achieve health and fitness goals. Heck he was puny 58Kg little guy, Now standing at 92kg’s, he knows what hard work and dedication means. With his hardworking attitude Dez will make sure you reach your goals while having loads of fun.
Facts about Big D
- Ultimate cartoon character: Superman,
- What I wanted to be when I was older: Vet
- Favorite pre workout snack: Protein shake and banana
- Favorite outdoor exercise: Pushups, and 1, 2, 3 drills (just ask him what they are)
- Music I listen to most: Hiphop and Dubstep
- Are speedo’s considered togs: Never
- Is the glass half full or half empty: Half empty coz I drank it
Master Trainer Abe. FC Site Pt Erin
Otherwise known as the Chief, Abe has over 8 years military experience as well as several years competing in a range of outdoor and indoor sports. With his unique style of motivation, laughter and results driven training, the Chief will not only push any barriers you have aside, he will also make sure you have a great time doing it, mixed with a bit of sweat and hard work. You get out what you put in!
Facts about the Chief:
- Ultimate cartoon character: GI Joe
- What I wanted to be when I was older: Truck driver
- Favorite pre workout snack: Banana on toast
- Favorite outdoor exercise: Go the Burpee. and Tyre flipping ALL DAY
- Music I listen to most: Kiwi Dub, Jedi Mind Tricks and Dirty Dub Step
- Are Speedo’s considered togs: Hell NO!!!
- Is the glass half full or half empty: Half full man, also see the positive in everything.
Trainer Dale “Chico” Wilson. FC Site Mairangi and Pt Erin
With over 15 years of volleyball experience and 10 of those competing on a national and international scale, Curly will make sure you OWN all of your health and fitness goals. And with the moto, “It’s all about the atmosphere!”, it will all be done in a hard working yet fun and exciting environment. Now who’s up for that? Yea Buddy!!!
- Ultimate cartoon character: Popeye (He always wanted big forearms. Still waiting)
- What I wanted to be when I was older: Race car driver
- Favorite pre workout snack: Snack bars
- Favorite outdoor exercise: Plank variations! 6 packs on! Oh and hill sprints
- Music I listen to most: Hiphop, NZ Dub, Old School beats
- Are speedo’s considered togs: They are when I wear them
- Is the glass half full or half empty: Half full. Always room to improve what we have
Trainer Hannah “Rocket” James. FC Site Orewa
Rocket is known for going at 100km/h and no less. She is one of the nicest people you will ever meet…….until she starts training, then hold on for dear life as she goes like a rocket (Hence the name). One thing you will quickly learn is that she is a dedicated person to everyone she meets, so you are in excellent hands
- Ultimate cartoon character: The Hulk
- What I wanted to be when I was older: Own a chocolate factory (See we are normal)
- Favorite pre workout snack: One square meal bar
- Favorite outdoor exercise: Running and Burpees
- Music I listen to most: Rihanna or hard rock
- Are speedo’s considered togs: NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!
- Is the glass half full or half empty: It is always full. It would be too scared to be anything less hahahaha